Tuesday, January 20, 2015

A Quote from Jane Eyre

                  “I do not think, sir, you have any right to command me, merely because you are older than I, or because you have seen more of the world than I have; your claim to superiority depends on the use you have made of your time and experience.”  

Charlotte Bronte, Jane Eyre


                                                                                             
I read Jane Eyre as a teenager and couldn't quite pin-point all the things I loved about it. But loved it, I did. Maybe because, in part, it's a book about freedom -- about our right to feel our own feelings and to think our own thoughts. 

2 comments:

  1. I love this book! I need to revisit it again. I read it as a pre-teen, but I loved it then too. I think I'll have a different perspective to it as an adult.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's true. It would be an interesting experience !

      Delete